Thursday 14 April 2011

I’m looking forward to a break next weekend


I’m looking forward to a break next weekend. Can’t wait to have a hot shower and the luxury of electricity all day and night so I can actually get into bed without my gloves on!  As its Easter we have a long weekend, I might go to Gangtok and get a jeep to (6 1/5 hours) to Gurundongmar and Pankrama Lake. It’s supposed to be a holy experience!
Or… if not this holiday then next (two long weekends next month) I might go to Pelling and trek to Khercheopalri Lake which takes 5 or 8 hours depending on the route. It beats walking around Maylands Avenue…don’t you think?  Sorry ladies :o) ha ha.
The school principle invited the volunteers for tea yesterday. His wife cooked some traditional nibbles. Eggs boiled and fried, onion bhaji (not nearly as good as yours Steve R) , potatoes fritters and other bits and pieces, we all walked away with full bellies.
The two Dutch girls are leaving tomorrow, the kids have been busy writing farewell letters and drawing pictures, they will be dearly missed. We had a bonfire after dinner as a farewell treat. We toasted marsh mellows…I can’t ever remember having toasted marsh mellows before…unless I was drunk and that’s why I can’t remember…but OMG are they tasty!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you will be walking every day ! Another plug for my India cooking lol! Such a shame we you cant get 1 picture of the view from your room. Pick up a stone at the lake and keep it with you. they never wear out and always remind you of where you have been. It could be another gratitude stone. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello auntie liz hope your having fun india;). I bet there's not much electricity unlucks :) we all hope you are having a good time there loveyou lots sian and the family:)<3 xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you are having such a great time. I am loving the blog. As for never having toasted marshmallows before... you must come to one of my BBQs when you get back. We toast them all the time. X

    ReplyDelete