Monday 2 May 2011

Pelling and Lake

I visited Pelling this weekend to renew my Sikkim permit. A much more relaxed weekend compared to last! I went exploring local sights. I noticed a sign for an amazing hotel resort next to a monastery…so I by passed the monastery and went for a beer at the resort. Just as I walked in thought oops this could be expensive.. It was only £1.30 for a beer ..result!. I had a great chat with the manger (originally from the Isle of White) who came to Sikkim for a holiday 5 ½ years ago and stayed since. I then got chatting to a lovely Indian family, they were celebrating a 15th wedding anniversary. There must have been about 20 of them, it really made me miss my wonderful family back home. The conversation got onto food, they offered me some local homemade delicacies that they brought from home, they were really tasty. They invited me to stay and play cards with them…but I had more exploring to do!!
Photos to follow.
I’ve lost my phone, i must have left it in one of the jeeps :o(

1 comment:

  1. Lost phone ! thats not good. Can you get a cheap one and a local sim card ? Skype also might get you out of trouble. You sound like your having a great time tho :0) I have started my blog. Did you ride on that Yak ???

    ReplyDelete