Monday 6 June 2011

Photos of last few days at school - the feelings im left with......


Travelling backwards here, but want to share the last few days at the school with you. I have had the most amazing experience with the children that I shall never forget! I love their purity, unspoiltness, eagerness to learn, their love and appreciation. Just for you to call them by there name appears to be giving them a gift of importance that will encourage them to move on in life. These kids are the lucky ones, only one child from a family can attend the school, the other family members have to live with the fact that their future is an uneducated one. In most cases living with abusive families, having no food and no love. This future will most likely be passed onto their children’s future..:o(
Moving on…not sure how to describe the loveliness and simplicity of it all. I shall never forget the feeling of sunshine in my heart as the rain fell and my luckiness to have experienced the beauty of a little hand in mine, a shiny face with a radiant smile...saying thank you miss for loving me!!
The experience has definitely made me more appreciative of my own life. I’m one of the lucky ones, I’ve been blessed by being brought up in the most loving family I could have ever have hoped for. I have never wanted for anything and most importantly of all ....i have always felt loved, cared for and safe. Thank you mum and dad (miss you dad..RIP) for giving me such a special love and a gorgeous family...i love and miss you mum, dad, Jo, John and Fi ..and everyone else XXX.
backwards here, but want to share the last few days at the school with you. I have had the most amazing experience with children that I shall never forget! I love their purity, unspoiltness, eagerness to learn , their love and appreciation. Just for you to call them by name appears to be giving them a gift of importance that will encourage them to move on in life. These kids are the lucky ones, only one child from a family can attend the school, the other family members have to live with the fact that their future is an uneducated one. In most cases living with abusive families, having no food and no love. This future will most likely be pass on to their children’s future..:o(
Moving on…not sure how to describe the loveliness and simplicity of it all. I shall never forget the feeling of sunshine in my heart as the rain fell and my luckiness to have experienced the beauty of a little hand in mine, a shiny face with a radiant smile...saying thank you miss for loving me!!
The experience has definitely made me more appreciative of my own life. I’m one of the lucky ones, I’ve been blessed by being brought up in the most loving family I could have ever have hoped for. I have never wanted for anything and most importantly of all ....i have always felt loved, cared for and safe. Thank you mum and dad (miss you dad..RIP) for giving me such a special love and a gorgeous family...i love and miss you mum, dad, Jo, John and Fi ..and everyone else XXX.

prayer time
Sital…my favourite ..(not that I could ever say that), he made my laugh, smile and was so helpful in class, I love that fact that he was NEVER without a smile….he has no idea when his birthday is and had no shoes and a sore finger!!! Which I just told him he was so brave for...hence the most gorgeous smile....Sital ..i will NEVER forget you :o)
playtime in the hostel
playtime in the hostel
after school on a Saturday
Reading a bedtime story, afterwards you get lots of “thank you miss” “goodnight miss, sweet dreams” and lots and lots of hugs and kisses

on our night walk before prayer time...just look at their happy faces :o)
on our walk


in the classroom, they love having thier picture taken
my bedtime story worked! one asleep at least








 
if your happy and you know it ...let me know!!! 



3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful and beautiful time you have had Liz. The Pictures say it all. When you have been to another place that is so different than others it is hard to pass on what it was like through words and pictures. You have those in your mind forever more. Keep them safe and remember them often, you will be surprised what they will get you through in the coming travels. Take care and please keep posting so we know your safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right Steve, it is really hard to put into words how I have felt over these last few months. I have experienced lots of things which has made me look differently at life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz) Katya is here. Such a nice blog you have..It is now 3 am in Russia and I have tons of work to do, but once I spotted your blog I can't get back to work, the sweet recollections being on my mind..:)
    The warm words you said here keep me awake and smiling and I wish the routine and hectic of the everyday life would never ruin this happy and peaceful state of mind we found there in Sikkim.. O:-)
    You know, as per the difference in the outlook on life, which you mentioned, I feel now that our being in Sikkim was just the case when you can say for sure that you are doing something really right from both philosophical and social perspective. Alas, the question of the point of living seems to be resolved..in the most natural way)

    ReplyDelete