Monday 27 June 2011

Vipassana course completed!


Vipassana course completed! :o). Sitting, trying not to move for 10 hours a day for 10 days was not an easy task. Wake up at 4am, lights out at 9.30pm. Nobel silence for 9 days, eating only fruit after 11am lunch. Time seemed to stand still. I could write a book about it, to make it quick….
Did I enjoy it? NO, not one bit.
Did I learn from it? YES, loads and I can now calm my mind and sit still for an hour.
How did I feel now? I feel rejuvenated, body and mind cleansed :o)
Would I do it again?  NO WAY!!!
I’m back in Kathmandu again deciding what to do next. I was hoping to go to Ladek in India, but can’t get back into India until end of July. Once you leave India you can’t return for two months….crazy!! I went to the Indian Embassy yesterday to see if I could pay to go back sooner but nope :o(
I might make my way over to Thailand, will look at flights today.

1 comment:

  1. OMG Lizzie I am so impressed that you lasted 10 whole days without talking -any ideas to become a monk now and give up your gift of speech forever? ;) lol i should blooming well hope not!! Sounds like you are having a fab time which is all that matters darling. I am getting fatter by the day and soooo nervous but excited to meet our baby boy in a few months!!
    Keep blogging so we know you are safe and well and if you can't be good be careful....party away for me :)
    Love you hunni xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete