Saturday 11 June 2011

Still in Pokhara


I’m still in Pokhara, i never went to the yoga retreat in the end. I hiked an hour up the mountain and decided against it after the host said i would have to share a room. Part of me is turning into “The Idiot Abroad”, after my hideous dormitory experience in Gangtok, sharing a room with someone you have contact with all day is not my idea of a “retreat”.

I’ve been taking it easy these last few days. Lots of meals, a few beers here and there, a bit of sightseeing. The weight that i lost is back on :o(. 

I’m off to Kathmandu on Monday as i’m booked on the 10 Vipassana Meditation Course, now that will be a challenge! Elizabeth at the school raved about it. Ten days mediation in silence…at least if i stay in a dorm there, i won’t have to listen to endless talking. A lot of people leave before the end of the course…i wonder how i do?

I do love it here in Pokhara…..especially compared to Kathmandu, the hotels are lovely and clean (which is perfect for OCD Liz). I’m spoiling myself by staying in a wonderful hotel for £2.60/night! Which reminds me….the girls I met in Kathmandu had rats living under their beds! Which doesn’t surprise me as you could see rats running through the resturant. OH MY GOD!!!..... i hope i don’t have rats at my meditation course :o(…..i could not deal with that.
Last night, i had a great laugh with Paddy, a photographer from Cork. We ended up in a hidden away Tibetan bar, where we danced to their traditional music..wished i had taken some photos! Paddy is on an around the world trip, he has taken the most stunning photos. Checkout his website http://pburnsdimage.com/

Fewa Lake



on my boat ride across the lake
I had a great chat with Norris and Bob, i think they were pulling my leg!

Hurry up Paddy, Happy Hour has started!!
You can just see the Annapurna Mountains in the backround


4 comments:

  1. Hello auntie Liz, hope you're having a great time. Can't wait to see you when you're back. I have been reading your blog and looking at the pictures. Going to a wedding on saturday and then it's Abi's birthday on sunday. Saw a couple of weeks ago we saw nanny and mum a couple of weeks ago and they're are doing fine and Riley. Love you lots and can't wait to see you. From Sian xxxxxxx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Auntie Liz, hope you are having a wonderful time. we are going to a wedding on saturday (not like the one you went to). lucky you ggot your laptop back otherwise you wouldn't be able to write this amazing blog. everyone is fine we are all proud of you.even grandad is proud of you.I love the fact that you have really helped these children and they have really shown apreciation and love, you should be proud of yourself. it's Riley's birthday soon in august maybe you will be back in time to celebrate. wish you more fun things and course lot's of love Jade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sian & Jade (and the rest of the family) xx
    Hope all is well and thank you so much for your wonderful comments, you have made me very happy :o)))
    I’m so glad you are enjoying my blog and that I can share my experiences with you all. A lot of the times we really don’t know how lucky we are! Thank you for saying you are proud of me (and granddad), you brought a tear to my eye in a beautiful way. You have made me feel very special.
    A wedding…how exciting…whose is it? I would love to see some photos, are you dressing-up? How are you both? how’s school?
    I hope Abi has a fantastic birthday on Sunday, will you be baking a cake?….i miss our cooking times together…all those hours in the kitchen..cooking nanny a roast dinner, making sausages, baking cakes …we shall do them again when I get back.
    I will miss Rileys and your mother’s birthday as I might not get back home until March next year. Please give them a kiss from me.
    I love and miss you so much, always thinking of you. Have wonderful weekend and love to the family xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete